7 ZIP Utilities
seven best zip archive utilities to choose from
By Utilitysee details for:
By File Type
support for file type:
ZipegZipeg is free universal .rar and .zip file opener. This tiny but mighty utility also opens .tar, .tgz, .bzip2 and many other compressed archives. Zipeg is very simple and intuitive to use and works on both Mac and Windows. Zipeg supports password protected and multipart zip and rar files. If you ever needed single song, picture or document out of huge archive - Zipeg might be exactly what you need.
- to see what?s inside archive before you extract;
- to open files in Preview or other associated application directly from the archive;
- to choose where to put extracted files;
- to extract individual items simply by dragging them to desktop;
- to preserve resource forks, Finder attributes and symlinks;
- to open multi-part and password protected archives.
Zipeg is based on 7-zip backend written in C/C++ with UI implemented in java. Zipeg is an open source project available at http://zipeg.googlecode.com
Supported Archive File Types
|Archive File Type||Open Archive||Create Archive|